How to Deactivate Instagram
How to deactivate Instagram
1. Access Instagram.com from a browser and log in to your account.
2. Click on your profile picture in the top right and click Profile, then click Edit Profile.
3. Scroll down and click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
4. After choosing the reason why you are disabling your account, re-enter your password.
5. Click Temporarily Disable Account.
After you have deactivated your Instagram, your account will be disabled for as long as you like.
Reactivating your account is simple. You just need to log in to your account. This will restore it.
If you have deactivated your Instagram account, reactivated it, then wish to deactivate it again, you need to wait a week to do so.
If you want to delete your Instagram account, you need to follow another route.
Permanently deleting means that you won’t be able to access your Instagram photos, videos, or any other data. Therefore, it is advised to download a copy of your information.
How to download your Instagram data from a computer browser
1. Log into your account, click on your profile picture then click Settings.
2. Go to Privacy and Security.
3. Scroll down to Data Download and click Request Download.
4. Enter the email address where you want your data to be sent to and click Next.
5. Enter your Instagram account password and click Request Download.
6. You will then receive an email titled Your Instagram Data. Click on the link in the email to download your Instagram data and follow the instructions to finish downloading your information.
How to download your Instagram data from the Instagram app
1. Log into your account, and go to your profile.
2. Tap on the menu icon in the top right then tap Your activity.
3. Scroll down and tap on “Download your Information”.
4. Enter your email address and tap “Request download”
5. Enter your Instagram account password, tap Next, then tap Done.
6. In a maximum of 48 hours you will receive an email with a link to your Instagram data. Click Download Data and follow the instructions to finish downloading your information.
Whether you have deleted or deactivated your Instagram account, it is best you don’t skip this important step.
In terms of deleting your account, follow these steps
How to delete your Instagram account
1. Go to the Delete Your Account page from a mobile browser or computer.
2. Log into your account, and select an option from the dropdown menu.
3. Re-enter your password.
4. Click Delete [username]. This will initiate account deletion.
You can't delete your account from within the Instagram app.
Important: once an Instagram account has been deleted, there is no way to restore it.