How to Delete a Snapchat Account
To delete a Snapchat account, just follow these 9 easy steps:
1. Open Snapchat
2. Tap on the profile icon
3. Tap on the “Settings” icon and swipe down
4. Tap “I need help” in the Support section
5. Swipe down and tap “My Account & Security”
6. Tap “Account Information”
7. Tap “Delete My Account”
8. Tap on the “Account Portal” embedded link
9. Enter your username and password and tap “Continue”
Your account has been deactivated
Snapchat was created back in September 2011 but only started growing after raising large funds for improvements and marketing, in 2014.
Snapchat is the embodiment of an ephemeral messaging platform idea that successfully grew to its 293 million users to date.
Despite its success, concerns regarding privacy data and location data collection and storage might have users want to delete their accounts.
While other users might just want to take a break from social media so they choose to deactivate their account.
Whether you want to delete or deactivate your account, or maybe you want to reactivate your Snapchat account, there are a few things to know.
How to Permanently Delete Your Snapchat Account
- To deactivate your account on iPhone or Android, follow the 9 easy steps presented at the beginning of this article.
- To deactivate your account from your computer, simply go to the accounts portal and type in your username and password and follow the steps to delete the account.
- Regardless of the platform from which you initiate this action, if you change your mind, you can choose to reactivate your Snapchat account within the first 30 days after deactivation.
- While your account is deactivated, your friends will not be able to contact or interact with your account.
- After the passing of the 30 days from deactivation, consider your Snapchat account permanently deleted.
- Your data will also be removed from the user database forever.