How to Reach Out to Influencers
Reaching out influencers is similar to contacting collaborators for marketing campaigns. Before reaching out to them, you need to find the best people for the brand and the campaign in place.
To reach out to influencers, first you need a plan to find and contact them for a successful relationship. Once you have an influencer marketing strategy in place, it will be easier to approach influencers on various marketing campaigns.
Start by creating a spreadsheet and adding the names and Social media profile links and handles for each influencer. Add Instagram profile links, Facebook or Twitter depending on the audience you want to follow and the market you want to acquire. You can then either send each influencer a direct message on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter or you can obtain their email from the contact section of their profile in order to send them a proposal with more elaborate information.
Consider the social media channel you are using for your influencer marketing campaign. Studies say that Instagram is the most popular channel for influencer marketing. If you want to boost your sales and get more visibility, contact Instagram influencers and create your campaign for that social platform.
Make sure the content they share is relevant to your niche and to your brand. If they promote various brands with no connection what so ever to their image and their overall content, then it's probably not your best choice.
5 Steps for Reaching Out to Influencers
However, with so many social media influencers in the space and a variety of businesses vying to partner with them, how can brands cut through the noise and start a conversation with them?
- Establish brand goals for the influencer marketing campaign
- Research different influencer niches and explore influencer tiers for bet fitting options based on the desired goals
- Engage with influencers via your brand social channels
- Contact influencers to pitch your campaign
- Partner with an influencer marketing agency to leverage their expertise
- Follow up after the campaign to extract insights and find out what worked and what didn't work. Get feedback and find directions for future influencer campaigns.
Relevance to Influencer Marketing
Influencers are the engine to an influencer marketing campaign. You can't create a campaign without it. It is the main character. And finding the way to contact such people can be highly beneficial for successful results.
Influencers are used to work with brands, have a portfolio, a media kit and usually a big audience.
- Mediakix, How To Reach Out to Influencers: A 5-step Guide, 2019, https://mediakix.com/blog/how-to-reach-out-to-influencers-guide/.