Public Relations Manager
Public Relations Manager is a person in the management position responsible for planning and directing the creation of material that will maintain or enhance the public image of their employer or client.
The PR manager is a media and public relation expert that is in charge of the public image of a business. This person has the goal of building and enhancing a favorable image of the company with all the people that represent it or collaborates with it including employees, potential candidates, clients, potential customers, influencers and the public.
Public Relations Manager Responsabilities
A PR manager needs to have skills and abilities to manage all sorts of PR situations and deliver great results. Some of the responsibilities that are part of the job descriptions:
- Plan, implement and manage public relations programs
- Plan and budget for PR events, programs and initiatives
- Help in designing and reviewing a variety of promotional and marketing materials
- Design and review the online content in media announcements and media kits
- Monitor corporate image frequently and ensure it is in compliance with company brand
- Check and manage content produced for website and social media channels
- Develop and implement PR policies and procedures
- Determine KPIs for PR department
- Measure and provide reports on each PR campaign
- Build long-term relationships with all relevant stakeholders, such as local government, media people, politicians, etc.
- Recruit, hire, onboard and train new members of the public relations team
- Produce content for various speeches, events, hearings...
- Develop and implement crisis communications advice and media strategy, as needed
Relevance to Public Relations
Every PR department needs to have a person responsible in charge. That person is the public relations manager. This person will manage the PR team and deliver the promised results.