You know the saying: Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable. With billion of active users, there is no need to insist of the importance of YouTube stats and why any digital savvy should be aware of them.
With more than a billion hours of content consumed on YouTube every single day and YouTube’s ads sales increasing exponentially every year, it is obvious why being on top of the essential YouTube stats is a neat trick to have in the marketing world of online business.
Here is what we are going to discuss in this article:
- Essential YouTube Stats Every Marketer Should Know in 2022
- Why Are YouTube Statistics Important?
- Where Can You Find Your YouTube Statistics?
It’s been almost two decades since YouTube was launched and here we are, using it on a daily basis, relying on it to deliver funny cat videos, documentaries, or celebrity shorts (pun intended).
YouTube has come to represent the monthly revenue for creators and businesses all around the world.
Who would have thought that the initial dating site would turn out to be used by over 2 billion monthly users, making it second on the list of most-used social media platforms behind Facebook?
Some of them have started their celebrity careers on YouTube, while others continue to boost their business sales with ads and video content.
So, let's find out which are the essential YouTube Stats:
Essential YouTube Stats Every Marketer Should Know in 2022
1. General YouTube Statistics
- The number of monthly active YouTube users for 2022: 2.6 billion.
- The number of daily active YouTube users in 2022: 122 million.
- The amount of content watched daily: 1 billion hours.
- New content uploaded on YouTube: 500 hours/minute/day.
- The Average Time Spent Daily on YouTube: 14 minutes and 21 seconds.
- Total YouTube 2021 Ad Revenue: 8.6 billion.
- YouTube Premium Paying Subscribers: 23.6 million.
2. YouTube Usage Statistics
- YouTube continues to be the second-most visited website
- YouTube also happens to be the third most popular search term on Google.
- 81% of internet users use YouTube.
- YouTube is the biggest online video platform worldwide.
3. YouTube Demographics
- The number of YouTube users in the World is projected to reach 2,854.14 million users by 2025.
- India is the country with the most YouTube users, followed by the United States and Japan.
- As of January 2022, approximately 53.9 percent of YouTube users were male.
- The biggest percentage of internet users who use YouTube is between 15 and 25 years old.
4. YouTube Ad Statistics
- YouTube’s advertising generated the most amount of $ in the fourth quarter of 2021.
- YouTube’s biggest advertising revenue was 8.6 billion dollars.
- Males aged 25-34 are YouTube’s biggest advertising target.
- India is also YouTube’s largest advertising audience.
- Apple was the biggest spender in YouTube ads between March 2020 and February 2021.
5. YouTube Search Statistics
- YouTube is the second-most popular and largest search engine right after its parent company Google.
- Globally, 58% of the top 100 YouTube searches are music-related.
- The most searched-for keywords on YouTube are "bts", "ASMR", "pewdiepie", "Billie Eilish" and "baby shark".
- In the US,"pewdiepie" is the most popular search term.
- YouTube’s most popular channel is T-Series with 215M subscribers.
6. YouTube Marketing Statistics
- More and more marketers are using YouTube as a marketing strategy.
- 50% of marketers already create content on YouTube.
- YouTube is the second most used platform for influencer marketing, right behind Instagram.
- The top-earning YouTube content creator is Jimmy Donaldson aka Mr. Beast. He is an entrepreneur and a philanthropist who uses YouTube as a marketing strategy to raise funds to alleviate hunger, homelessness, and unemployment.
7. YouTube Statistics for Business
- 52% of the top 100 searches are branded searches.
- Over 3 million YouTube users are YouTube TV paid subscribers.
- Creating how-to videos on YouTube can help with YouTube growth since 51 percent of users watch videos on YouTube to learn new things.
- Only 9% of small businesses have their own YouTube channel.
That being said, let’s see why exactly it is so important to know your YouTube Stats.
Why Are YouTube Statistics Important?
For creators or marketers who have already started their YouTube journey, beside the creation process, it is of the essence to know why keeping a close eye on YouTube stats is an important aspect of their work.
So, here are 3 of the most important reasons why YouTube statistics are important:
You can draw powerful insights about the platform you are working on
By being on top of the latest YouTube statistics and analytics, you can find out a lot about the platform itself. Information like: what are the best performing videos, what type of content is the least engaging, or what is the ad potential on the platform.
YouTube is a huge data mining machine when it comes to insights. It would be a pity not to dive into this valuable information and use it to your own advantage.
Knowing which type of content performs better in your niche will save you precious time and money. This way, you can create content that is wanted by your audience, instead of playing the guessing game.
You can learn more about YouTube’s audience
Who is using YouTube and from where? How old are they? How often do they use the platform and where do they access it from?
These are all good questions to ask, and YouTube stats can answer all of them and more!
Why is this important to know as a marketer? Well, uhmm… audience analysis.
This helps you figure out what type of content to create, what message you deliver, and more importantly, how to make sure you use the right tone of voice for the message to reach the monthly active users who would actually care about your message.
You can learn more about how your content is performing
The popular social media platform also offers essential insights into your own content performance. This means you can see how many hours of video your content has and how much watch time users have spent watching your videos; you can also see all the important YouTube demographics specific to your account or what are your impressions Click-Through Rate.
Of course, there are a ton of KPIs that provide minimal insights and you can track all of them if you are into metrics, like some marketers are. Wink wink.
Alright, so now that we have established why it is of uppermost importance to be up-to-date with the proper YouTube stars, let’s see the most essential categories of YouTube stats every marketer should know in 2022:
Where Can You Find Your YouTube Statistics
For every video uploaded, a brand has the chance to capture the attention of a portion of the 122 million users every day.
This is a huge opportunity to create brand awareness and increase sales.
You can find out how your channel and your video content is performing, by accessing YouTube studio.
The popular search engine has a separate page for users to have their content uploaded to YouTube and access all the statistics and analytics related to their channel.
The YouTube studio is available for free to everyone who has an account on the platform.
By accessing the YouTube Studio page, you can get insights like the number of views on YouTube, demographic data, videos reach and engagement, total channel watch time, along with other details regarding channel monetization.
But finding out how many people watch your content or what is your most popular video is only a small part of the story.
The trick is to know what to do with all the data you have available.
By using tools like BrandMentions, you can find out what is the sentiment analysis around your content by monitoring important keywords for your channel.
Whenever people start mentioning your channel, you will receive an instant notification with the mention.
You can create insightful projects and reports to monitor the overall sentiment around your brand not only on YouTube but also on the most used social media platforms and all around the web.
The BrandMentions tool can also be used as a social listening tool in order to be on top of every discussion that matters.
By staying on top of the latest trends, it is easier to create content that converts.
In conclusion, video marketing dominates the content marketing industry today and it seems that every social media platform out there knows this.
With more than 2.5 billion users, YouTube is the king of online video platforms and needs to be treated correspondingly.
Marketers who use YouTube for businesses have to step up their game and start listening to what their YouTube subscribers want and create content accordingly.